- Phone Sales Seminars
- Custom Training
- Contact Us
In the world of cold calling a well-known, rarely implemented truth is this: What you can measure, you can manage. What you can manage you can improve dramatically!
Let's start with little measurements like 10 calls and 1 appointment. Review your call ratios for the year. If you are like most cold callers you smile, you dial, and you make about 10 cold calls a day-around 50 prospecting calls per week. At the end of it all you average 1 appointment for every 10 cold calls. You close 1 out of every 5 people you meet. When all is said and done at the end of the year, these puny little measurements show results in sales that yield a pretty good income for you, around $150,000.
The secret to reaching your goal is hidden in the numbers.
Now, let's say you want to double your income to $300,000. Your call ratios and salary may be higher or lower than the numbers used in this example.
No worries, simply plug your numbers into these equations to determine your desired outcome.
Being in control of our goals is one of many wonderful things we like about the profession of sales, isn't it? We know the only thing standing between our dreams and us is our level of skill. We are glad to gobble up any tips, tools, and techniques that will improve our seemingly magical talents that are the envy of others.
OK. A close examination of the numbers reveals that your goal will be achieved by doubling one of a couple of puny numeric measures.
- Double the number of appointments you get from your dials, so you get 2 appointments out of every 10 dials.
- Double the number of appointments you close so you get business from 2 out of every 5 prospects with whom you meet.
- Scrutinize your leads, think about a top-down prospecting approach, and add a few executive-level sales calls to the mix. As you meet with Top Dogs, you double the size of your sales.
Before you roll your eyes and go, "Duh", look at your numbers. Determine which strategy will work best for you. Makes the goal of doubling your salary next year seem possible, doesn't it?
In brief, you can double your income by learning how to:
1. Double the appointments you get from your dials
2. Double the number of appointments you close
3. Double the size of your sales as you elevate the level of your point of entry and talk to "The Top Dogs" first
Invest in a good cold calling software that fits on the front of your CRM. This kind of software makes tracking your numbers a cake walk. Pick your strategy. Learn how to leverage it to the hilt. Double your sales.
Source: Leslie Buterin link